About Me

My photo
Davison, MI, United States
I am a middle child,born to middleclass parents.Two older brothers,one younger sister.I am married,and have 3 children, Elizabeth who is married and has 3 little boys. She is lucky enough to be able to stay home with them. Her husband, Alan is a Dr. of Physical Therapy. Jonathan who is single and has just finished college and is still trying to figure out life. Katherine, who had a brain tumor and died at the age of 11, 18 years ago.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things You Might Not Know About Me

I have been unfaithful to my promise to blog on a regular basis. Please forgive me and I hope you will give me another try.  I have excuses but I am not going to blame them.  In spite of life and also embracing life, I am just going to start back up.  This is a list of things that you might not know about me.

1. I once played keyboard in the opening act,Taffetas,for a Blood, Sweat & Tears concert.


2. I was a child model. (Anyone remember Wendy Wards)? Hey, it counts.

3. I had an imaginary friend when I  was little.

4. In high school, I used to decorate the heads of straight pins with faces and sayings.

5. Pepper, Peaches and Cream, Smokey, Blue Boy, Marmaduke, Einstein, Watson, Nandi, Velvet Passion, Blueberry-the names of cats past and present that I have lived with.


6. I scared a woodpecker to death in the first grade. Okay, this was one of many traumatic events in my life and I am not going into any details at this time. Just so you know, it was an accident.


7. I enjoy science fiction. Not all of it,but Firefly, Warehouse 13,Joss Whedon-anything, The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and the gazillion other books he wrote after,like Thanks For All The Fish but not the movie. And yes,I have all of the books.

8. My favorite commercial cartoon character as a child was Speedy Alka-Seltzer.

9. I wanted to be a Genealogist(Scientist,Ballerina,Nurse,Artist,Librarian) when I grew up.

10. Important to note, regarding #9, I never took dance lessons. I did, however, take a course in library science in college and liked it. I enjoyed art class in school. Genealogist? What can I say? My parents became obsessed with the subject when I was in Junior High. (Yes, Junior High, not middle school. That gives you an idea of my age demographic). My mother was a nurse and I collected and devoured the Cherry Ames series. You know, Cherry Ames, Student Nurse, Cherry Ames, Senior Nurse, Cherry Ames, Army Nurse. I loved that series. And I had the most incredible science teacher in eighth grade by the name of Michael Supernault. He made science amazing to me. We built a city in the future.  He had us go on walking trips into the fields beyond the school. He was amazing and stayed that way from what I understand throughout his teaching career. His mother was my first grade teacher and he came in to that classroom and teach us a science lesson. The one that I remember was getting a frog and having us dissect something off of it.  

11. I wanted a lisp just like my friends Laurie and George when I was in second grade. I thought they sounded wonderful and I really tried but the school nurse told my mother I was just fine.

12. I used to pray every night that when I woke up in the morning, I would have a Weeping Willow Tree appear in my backyard. I wanted to build a tree house and the trees we had didn't have the right kind of branches.

13. I saw Tab Hunter walking down the street in Detroit when I was a child.

14. I saw a hawk swoop down and grab a dove at our birdfeeder a few years ago. (The whole Circle of Life thing, I know).

15. I got bit by a yellow jacket while riding my bike on Calhoun Street in front of the Vosburg Mansion. I wasn't supposed to be riding my bike over there. So, I thought God punished me because I was disobeying my mother.

Well, I am going to conclude this post by telling you that I was a child with a vivd imagination and I found myself in various pickles of messes. My list goes on and on. So, I will share more of this stuff at a later date.


No comments: