About Me

My photo
Davison, MI, United States
I am a middle child,born to middleclass parents.Two older brothers,one younger sister.I am married,and have 3 children, Elizabeth who is married and has 3 little boys. She is lucky enough to be able to stay home with them. Her husband, Alan is a Dr. of Physical Therapy. Jonathan who is single and has just finished college and is still trying to figure out life. Katherine, who had a brain tumor and died at the age of 11, 18 years ago.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Short? Sweet and Sour

I have spent a great deal of time working on my blog and I realized that since I am new at this, I need to take my time and learn the process as I share.  So I will attempt to post approximately three times a week.  This one doesn't count.  It is more of a "To whom it may concern" kind of notice.  My daughter thinks I am obsessing and she is probably right, my husband thinks that I am getting too frustrated when I can't figure something out and my son-I am not sure that he has even looked at it.  But I know that he realizes that I am getting frustrated. So, the learning curve will have to keep me in check for a little while. I also need to stop collecting blogs that help with blogs and just cull them and find a few that will help me in ways that I can understand easily.
l also recognize that I haven't really gotten a real flow for what I write. There isn't a consistent theme and maybe there won't be one. It may be a memory of childhood past, or it may be an emotional outpouring.  It may be about my day. I want you to know, that I am trying my hardest to find my way back to me and that may take some time, and of course, I have been kind of all over the board in life anyways.


I also realize that I don't fit the normal demographic for bloggers. There are lots of blogs about raising families, crafting, decorating, but not a lot that I have found about being a young baby boomer still trying to figure out life. The ones that I have found seem to be dealing with aging parents and caring for them.  Both of our parents are gone.  I don't feel like I am ready for nursing care yet. I feel like I am still 35 until I look in the mirror and look in my closet. I am not your typical perky girl with lots of energy. I am a reader and a thinker, a grandmother who loves her children and grandchildren. I am a writer and I realize that I have been since I was in elementary school. I want to improve my skills.


Today Pastor Phil spoke to us about Micah 6: And what does the Lord require of you but to act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. I want to put these issues into practice here and in the rest of my life. So, if that means I speak about issues that I feel strongly about, then so be it.  If it means that I tell a silly story, then so be it.  If it means I get all emotional about something, then so be it.  Honesty from me is what I can promise. I am just a woman trying to get through the day and feel good about what I accomplished if I can.  I want to do that by showing compassion and mercy.  That means accepting help when I need but also accepting the help in the way that it is given, to be less frustrated when I hear or understand.  To act justly by stepping out and helping when I have the resources or knowledge and can help someone that I come in contact with. That may be in Wal-Mart, or someplace totally unexpected, like the gas station, the grocery store, when I meet someone in the neighborhood or the doctor’s office.


This has gone on longer than I planned. I just felt that I needed to get some stuff off my chest.  I would like your feedback.  Become a follower of my blog if you feel inclined. I won't try to sell you anything or preach at you. I just want to connect.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.  By the way, one of the frustrations that I have is not being successful in setting up the blog so that you can subscribe through Facebook or twitter.  I will eventually figure it out. Give me time.

No comments: